Sunday, August 24, 2008

More from the military parade (for Phillip)


Phillip, As a father, this was an experience I would have would have loved to share with you. This stuff was right up your alley. I did my best to capture as much of the action as possible so that I could share it with you. Hopefully this can help you feel as though you were here with us enjoying the sights and sounds if only for a little while. I miss you like crazy (I miss Cassie like crazy as well) You're a great son, enjoy the pictures and videos.




At the beginning of the parade the "Prime Minister" rode down the street stoping in front of each company of soldiers. He would administer some type of oath at each stop and the soldiers would respond. I'll get Zhenia to translate.

As the Prime Minister made his way back up Khreschatyk, the companys of soldiers responded in waves that sounded like they were saying "Slaw,Slaw,Slaw".



Each company of soldiers marched a different way. Notice the "Goose Stepper", very cool.

Heavy equipment on the move. You could feel it in your feet when they came by. Almost as impressive as a fleet of Heil RCV's going by. (Shout out to my Heil friends. Can't wait to get back to Ft. Payne, truly God's country.)

1 comment:

durward56 said...

Wanted to wish Sharon A big Happy Birthday from Lori,Daniel, and Durward. We love you and miss you guys.